HOTEL & TRANSPORTATION
Block accommodation bookings have been arranged at Spier Estate, Stellenbosch for the duration of the course.
THE SPIER HOTEL****(B&B) – sharing rates are per room incl. breakfast
Signature Rooms: R1900.00 single / R2060.00 sharing
Signature garden terrace rooms: R2060.00 single / R 2220.00 sharing
Riverside room: R2220.00 single / R2380.00 sharing
+ 1% tourism levy on all quoted rates
Please download the hotel reservation form and return directly to the hotel. Please note that our provisional block booking will be released by 4 July 2017 after which availability cannot be guaranteed.
- All rates quoted include VAT at the prevailing rate of 14% but exclude government room levy.
- Accommodation will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
- Should you book accommodation telephonically, please remember to mention that you are booking for the SMRA Conference 2017 – BID NR1755564. Should you fail to do this, the hotel might inform you that they are fully booked.
- The hotel will confirm your accommodation reservation directly with you.
- Please familiarize yourself with the accommodation cancellation policy as stipulated by the hotel.
Cape Town International Airport is located 30 minutes’ drive from Stellenbosch. Most international flights connect to Cape Town via O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, although a number of direct flights from Europe are also available.
TRANSFERS TO AND FROM AIRPORT
The Congress committee cannot arrange transfers to and from the airport for all delegates. Arrangements and payment for transfers are the delegate’s own responsibility.
Delegates staying at The Village at Spier Hotel can organise transfers to and from the airport directly with the Travel desk at Spier, please contact Creative Concierge via email at email@example.com or on +27- 21- 809 1911. Please forward the following information:
Date of arrival and/or departure, time of flight arrival and/ or departure and the flight number
with Quality Touring Services, Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa
Office: 021 979 5936; Fax: 021 979 5934; Cell: 082 657 3443
SOUTH AFRICAN VISA REQUIREMENTS
NB! ALL VISITORS (irrespective of whether they need a visa or not) MUST have 2 adjacent blank pages in their passports, which must be valid for 6 months after their departure from South Africa. These pages must be entitled “Visas”. (Note that some passports have an “Endorsement” page, often towards the end, which is not valid for this purpose). This requirement is strictly enforced.
Visitors’ visas are required for international travellers who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
Requirements for visitors’ visas differ from country to country (click here so see which countries are currently exempt)
Requirements are subject to change. As each application is treated as an individual case, you should make enquiries with your nearest South African mission or consulate abroad or any office of the Department of Home Affairs to see whether or not you are required to apply for a visa.
Remember that there is a fee charged for issuing a visa, and you should check the cost with the office as well, as this is updated annually. The fee is payable in different currencies in different countries.
Visas for people attending a conference in South Africa
- Normal procedures must be followed for applying for a visitor’s visa (Form BI-84) click here to download form
- The application for a visa must be supported by a letter of invitation for the conference
- The conference organizer will notify the Department of Home Affairs that the conference is taking place – giving all the relevant details and a list of delegates, if possible
- The Department of Home Affairs will then notify all South Africa representatives abroad, authorising them to issue visas to the delegates providing that:
- nothing detrimental is known about the delegate, and that
- all visitor visa requirements are met
All delegates from outside Africa are encouraged to take an inter-continental flight directly into Cape Town or Johannesburg on well-known carriers or their alliance partners.
Make two copies of all your important documents, like passports. Take one with you, in a different bag to the original, and leave one at home with a responsible, easily reachable person. Try to memorise all your important numbers – passport numbers, credit card numbers, etc – or store them securely (some smartphones have “password keeper” applications). If you lose your bag, this could be an enormous help
Explore South Africa
South Africa has incredible attractions and activities you should make part of your 2017 meeting experience. SMRA has worked with a local tour company to put together a list of pre- and post-meeting tours for anyone interested in experiencing more or the local area. Contact Jannie Loubser at Signature Tours directly firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Some Example Tours:
- Cape Region Tours
- Cape Town and Kruger (8 days, 7 nights)
- Classic Garden Route (5 days, 4 nights)
- Garden Route and Wildlife (7 days, 6 nights)
- Rovos Rail
- South African Highlights Tour 1 (14 days, 13 nights)
- Victoria Falls (Zambia) (4 days, 3 nights)
- Okavango Delta Safari (Botswana) (5 days, 4 nights)